Latisse – Get Longer, Thicker Eye Lashes
What is Latisse?
Latisse is the only FDA approved prescription treatment for inadequate lashes, and it is formulated to stimulate the growth of longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes. This treatment enhances eyelash growth through a once-nightly application topically to the base of the upper eyelashes.
How Latisse Works
Latisse is able to promote a fuller lash line because it contains bimatoprost, a medication that augments hair growth. The eyelash hair cycle is affected by Latisse in two ways:
- It increases the length of the growth phase
- It increases the amount of hair that grows in this phase
What can I expect when using Latisse?
- Dramatically longer and fuller lashes are typically noticeable in 4-16 weeks
- Mascara can still be worn while using Latisse
- If use of Latisse is discontinued, lashes will eventually return to their original thickness and length
What are the side effects of Latisse?
The most common side effect of Latisse is an itchy sensation in the eyes and redness of the eyes. This side effect was reported in approximately 4% of patients enrolled in the clinical trial. Less common side effects include darkening of the iris or the coloured part of the eye (a change that may be permanent), darkening of the eyelid skin around the area of application (a change that may be reversible), redness of the eye lids, and dry and irritated eyes.
For more information about Latisse Eye Lash Treatment, call at (604) 576-8819 for your complimentary consultation.