MD Codes is a systematic approach to facial revitalization developed by globally renowned Plastic Surgeon and Aesthetic Clinician, Dr Mauricio De Maio. In the past, there was no standardized method for the use of dermal fillers to correct facial volume loss and wrinkles. The treatments focused on replacing volume at the site of the affected areas which resulted in satisfactory outcomes, however, the cause of facial aging was not always addressed. With the development of MD Codes, Dr Maio has devised a systematic approach for the use of Juvederm, Botox and Belkyra to achieve effective, long-lasting and natural results in facial rejuvenation.
MD Codes Explained
Dr Mauricio De Maio explains MD Codes in the video below which Dr Parm Sanghe, Wave Skin Care’s Medical Director, utilizes in his practice.
Why MD codes work:
To understand how MD codes are used to revitalize the face, it is important to review the consequences of aging.
As people age:
- Years of expressions like frowning or smiling cause wrinkles to form around the eyes and forehead.
- Wrinkles and folds become more prominent, usually around the mouth and nose area.
- Excess skin appears around the jowls, smile lines and underneath the chin.
- The natural fat pads under the skin that give the face shape to shrink and shift, resulting in lost fullness around the forehead, eyes, brows, temples and cheeks.
- The changes in the face can often give a tired and sad appearance.
- Bone density decreases and the structure of the face becomes more hollow, especially around the eyes, cheeks and chin.
The changes of aging can be relentless and correction requires more than just replacing the volume loss. MD Codes (TM) addresses these issues by using an advanced treatment approach that divides the face into precise areas and uses a personalized facial aesthetic treatment plan to help create the most desirable look. Thus, products such as Juvederm not only add volume to the face but also create lift through muscle modulation.
The Products used:
The MD codes treatment approaches are customizable and will vary by a person according to age, ethnicity and treatment goals. The MD Codes were designed to address a wide range of skincare and beauty needs using products from Allergan including Juvederm, Botox Cosmetic and Belkyra.
MD Codes at Wave Skin Care:
Dr Parm Sanghe had the privilege of attending the training programs conducted by Dr De Maio and has enthusiastically adopted the MD Codes at Wave Skin Care. In addition to his years of experience as an Aesthetics Clinician, the integration of the MD Codes has allowed Dr Sanghe to offer his patients the latest techniques in facial rejuvenation. The treatment plans are customized after extensive consultation with patients to achieve balance, elevate, rejuvenate and enhance, delivering natural-looking results, tailored to individual requirements.